The Pensions unit of PMO (PMO.4) offers a telephone number to pensioners (including survivors and orphans). All pension-related questions may be raised. The number is + 32 (0)2-297 88 00. It is open from Monday to Friday between 09h30 and 12h30 (08h30 and 11h30 UK time), but see below for Summer hours.
2022 Summer opening hours
During the summer holiday period, PMO Pensions phone line +32 2 297 88 00 will remain available as follows:
From 1 to 30 July 2022 included - Monday and Wednesday from 9.30 to 12.30.
From 1 to 31 August 2022 included - Wednesday from 9.30 to 12.30.
The telephone line for declaring death + 32 2 295 20 17 remains available from Monday to Friday from 9.30 to 17.00.
Please also note the summer opening hours of the JSIS sickness insurance phone services:
From 1 July to 31 August 2022 included, the following phone lines will be available from 10.00 to 12.00.
Brussels +32 2 29 97777
Ispra +39 0332 78 57 57
Luxembourg +352 4301 36100
Brussels +32 2 29 59856
Ispra + 39 0332 78 99 66
Luxembourg +352 4301 36103
Brussels – Ispra – Luxembourg +32 2 29 53866
JSIS ONLINE - Access & EU LOGIN
Brussels +32 2 29 76888
Ispra +39 0332 783030
Luxembourg +352 4301 36100
To visit the PMO office in Brussels
The main services of PMO are in the MERO building at No 41, Avenue de Tervueren (the postal address remains 1049 Brussels).
A space on the ground floor of the MERO building provides a reception area. Visitors are able to ask questions of the administration about their rights (salaries, allowances, sickness insurance, pensions, etc.). The PMO has done everything it can to become operational as quickly as possible.
Joint Sickness Insurance Scheme
- The JSIS Settlements Office in Ispra has produced a guide on how best to contact it, available here. Please note that although this highlights use of the online system, it also states that sending papers by post remains entirely possible. AIACE has assurances that this will always remain the case. This also has information about the contact for preventive medicine.
- You will find address labels for sending papers to Ispra
- labels - general reimbursement
- labels - dental, prior authorisation, direct billing
- The forms needed to deal with the JSIS are available in the members' only part of this website. They are also available from the web sites of the institutions. For the European Commission, the web site is MyIntracomm. A version of this site available to all staff retired from the Commission is on My Intracomm. This is accessible to non-members of AIACE after registration with the Commission (as explained at the myintracomm site).
- AIACE has also produced some guidance papers which are available in the members' area, along with instructions for accessing the new JSIS on line and PMO Contact websites.
Supported by AIACE UK