JSIS, PMO Contact, complaints and AIACE UK information

Contacting PMO

The Pensions unit of PMO (PMO.4) offers a telephone number to pensioners (including survivors and orphans).  All pension-related questions may be raised.  The number is + 32 (0)2-297 88 00.  It is open from Monday to Friday between 09h30 and 12h30 (08h30 and 11h30 UK time).

To visit the PMO office in Brussels

The main services of PMO are in the MERO building at No 41, Avenue de Tervueren (the postal address remains 1049 Brussels).

A space on the ground floor of the MERO building provides a reception area. Visitors are able to ask questions of the administration about their rights (salaries, allowances, sickness insurance, pensions, etc.).  The PMO has done everything it can to become operational as quickly as possible.

The laissez-passer unit remains in Montoyer 34.

Joint Sickness Insurance Scheme

  • The JSIS Settlements Office in Ispra has produced a guide on how best to contact it, available here.  Please note that although this highlights use of the online system, it also states that sending papers by post remains entirely possible.  AIACE has assurances that this will always remain the case.    This also has information about the contact for preventive medicine.
  • You will find address labels for sending papers to Ispra 
  • labels - general reimbursement
  • labels - dental, prior authorisation, direct billing
  • The forms needed to deal with the JSIS are available in the members' only part of this website.   They are also available from the web sites of the institutions.  For the European Commission, the web site is MyIntracomm.  A version of this site available to all staff retired from the Commission is on My Intracomm.  This is accessible to non-members of AIACE after registration with the Commission (as explained at the myintracomm site).
  • AIACE has also produced some guidance papers which are available in the members' area, along with instructions for accessing the new JSIS on line and PMO Contact websites.

PMO performance, household and educational allowances

You will find here the latest report from the PMO, including comments on the household and educational allowances -

Formal complaints

While you and we hope that we can avoid situations in which a formal complaint has to be made, sometimes it is necessary to take this step.  You will find here a guide to making an Article 90 complaint complaint, and here also the official form.


Supported by AIACE UK