The group has had a range of meetings, on a rhythm of about two a year:
We enjoyed a tour of Spencer House, in June 2019. Spencer House (https://www.spencerhouse.co.uk/) was built by John, the first Lord Spencer, ancestor of Diana, Princess of Wales and is London's finest surviving eighteenth-century town house.
We had a wonderful guide who walked and talked us through the magnificent State Rooms, providing detailed descriptions and explanations about the furniture, furnishings and very extravagant light fittings. Much of the wallpaper and carpeting was specially commissioned for the house.
Our visit was followed by a delicious meal at The Avenue, in St James's Street.
For 2020, we hope to visit the Bank of England's 'History of the Bank of England in 325 objects', probably in May 2020, followed by lunch at La Taverna Etrusca where we enjoyed a splendid meal after our November 2016 visit to The Guildhall Art Galleries.
- In November 2015, we were invited by the European Medicines Agency for a series of talks on the origins and purpose of the EMA and a detailed description of its work. We were also taken on a tour of the premises and entertained to a very pleasant lunch in the Promenade Room, overlooking Canary Wharf.
- In June 2016, the AIACE-UK/London group enjoyed a guided tour of Middle Temple, in the middle of 'legal London' and a tasty lunch in the Elizabethan Hall in June.
- In August 2016, we were privileged to hear from Rob Wainwright, Director of Europol, on the origins, work and future plans for the agency. Several members were able to put questions to the Director who was very generous with his time in answering them.
- In November 2016, a group of nearly 50 people were taken around the delights of the Guildhall Art Gallery by two expert guides and then enjoyed a very tasty lunch at La Taberna Etrusca, ' a little slice of Italy in the City'.
- In June 2017 we had a guided tour of the Palace of Westminster, followed by tea on the terrace.
- In June 2018, the group visited Tower Bridge, followed by a very pleasant lunch.
The London group coordinator is Pamela Mayorcas
65 Wavendon Avenue, London W4 4NT; Tel: 020 8994 4551; or