Sadly, the much-anticipated visit to the Bank of England Museum could not go ahead this summer. Similarly, our annual lunch has had to be postponed.
If there is enough interest, and if I can find a restaurant that offers lots of space, we could try to meet for lunch in October, perhaps before the clocks change?
Otherwise, I will endeavour to arrange the Museum visit and lunch in early Spring 2021. The date will depend on AIACE-UK's own plans for an Autumn meeting, later this year, and Annual General Meeting in 2021.
If you have any problems or concerns, please do get in touch - please note the change of email address.
Very best wishes to all
Tel: 07894 717 260
Members of the London Group have lunch in June 2019
- In November 2015, we were invited by the European Medicines Agency for a series of talks on the origins and purpose of the EMA and a detailed description of its work. We were also taken on a tour of the premises and entertained to a very pleasant lunch in the Promenade Room, overlooking Canary Wharf.
- In June 2016, the AIACE-UK/London group enjoyed a guided tour of Middle Temple, in the middle of 'legal London' and a tasty lunch in the Elizabethan Hall in June.
- In August 2016, we were privileged to hear from Rob Wainwright, Director of Europol, on the origins, work and future plans for the agency. Several members were able to put questions to the Director who was very generous with his time in answering them.
- In November 2016, a group of nearly 50 people were taken around the delights of the Guildhall Art Gallery by two expert guides and then enjoyed a very tasty lunch at La Taberna Etrusca, ' a little slice of Italy in the City'.
- In June 2017 we had a guided tour of the Palace of Westminster, followed by tea on the terrace.
- In June 2018, the group visited Tower Bridge, followed by a very pleasant lunch.
- We visited Spencer House in June 2019. Spencer House (https://www.spencerhouse.co.uk/) was built by John, the first Lord Spencer, ancestor of Diana, Princess of Wales, and is London's finest surviving eighteenth-century town house.
The London group coordinator is Pamela Mayorcas
65 Wavendon Avenue, London W4 4NT; Tel: 020 8994 4551; or